The Encore Normandie Quiz, devised by Ocean Liner Museum trustee Tim Yoder. (Is that your final answer?) Answers are at the bottom of this page.
1. Where were the dog kennels located?
2. What third class public room was two decks high?
3. Which was longer overall, Queen Mary or Normandie?
4. What public room was a first aboard Normandie, never before seen on any other liner?
5. What year was the illuminated sign removed from the Sun Deck and what other prominent feature was placed in this area?
6. The vessel's four propellers were driven by
Each originally possessed how many blades?
7. What was Normandie's gross tonage at her completion? (rounded to the nearest 1,000 tons)
8. When sailing on her maiden voyage, what were Normandie's three passenger class's original designated names?
______________. (three points)
9. What public room was air conditioned by an elaborate Carrier Air Conditioning plant?
10. Olympic, Empress of Britain, Queen Mary and Nieuw Amsterdam all boasted this indoor facility that Normandie lacked. What was it?
11. During her commercial life, Normandie was the world's largest ship-true or false?